Jun 20, 2009

fall in love with Mr. Herkimer

I found a Herkimer Diamond at a stone company in the city. "Diamond"?

Can't be, if this is the size of a diamond, I can buy a car.

I found that they are quartz crystals that have acquired their pseudo-name because they are mined primarily in Herkimer County, NY.

They sure look like raw diamonds because they have natural eighteen-sided faceting.
I have been looking at all types of quartz lately. To me, it's a quartz to wear when I smell summer in the air.


Those Hekimar stones are also local grown in NY, I thought I should take it to try to make a sample piece as a local designer.

I am very exited to think of jewelry design with this stone for the next collection. Something raw, something rough, and a bit of romantic sweet.
I am lucky to have this job, I can make myself happy thinking of my work. Arigato!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails