Apr 24, 2012

the first day

I always try to feel happy when I sit down in front of my jewelry bench.  

I want my jewelry to carry happy feeling because they will be going to my customers' hands.  
I want them to feel good by wearing my jewelry.
But today is an exception.  I've been having tearful eyes for the past 3 hours.  
My friend left New York 3 hours ago from JFK to Tokyo.

We painted the walls together when I moved in this new studio.  It was a crazy hot day in last summer.  We built a heavy iron cabinet, I thought we were going to be crushed by this heavy black cabinet.  
She cut a white lacy curtain which divides between my desk and my jewelry bench, and it was too short.  Her husband came to my studio and surprised me with a bottle of wine.  They said congratulations for my new studio opening.  
Last year I was pressured a day before a trade show, and she insisted to help me and stayed here with me until very late doing pricing jewelry together.  She did it all as a friend.

Last night we had a dinner at gorgeous River Cafe.  It was so beautiful, but I could not take a picture.  I knew it made me so sad by doing so.  

It's another quiet day in Brooklyn,  But it is a whole new day for me.  
The first day without her in New York.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails