Mar 14, 2011

slices of an apple

I was reading this column today.  
A Japanese newspaper reporter walks the affected area and talks to people there.  This is a guy he meets.

This guy went back his home from his office two days after Tsunami.
He couldn't contact his wife at all after the earthquake and tsunami because there was no way to call her.  

When he finally came home, the house was empty.  
He saw slices of an apple on a dining table, which his wife should have prepared for him as a snack before Tsunami hit the town.  
He ate them, and went out to search her.  

Some people told him that his wife drove to escape from Tsunami.  
At last he found her car lying on its side and she wasn't there.  

He said she was most certainly engulfed by Tsunami.

I have to remember, there are people exactly like us everywhere on the earth.  
When there is a bombing, there is a terrorism, there is a disaster in any places on the earth, now I see people like me, my husband, my mother and my friends there.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails