Oct 13, 2010

what I was doing last week



I've been doing a construction work for a ring.  

Lately I'm into layering jewelry.  I like layering short and long necklaces, layering some bangles in silver, brass & rose gold, and layering rings in different gold colors and a small diamond ring.  I like to do one of those at a time.  Never do all at once.

My customer happened to order "seven diamond ring" and her wedding ring together and I have decided to reconstruct the diamond ring to raise the top diamond part so that both rings can be worn together comfortably.  I made one piece in silver and checked if they worked together when they were layered.

It needed some time to do this construction but it was fun.   
No wonder there are many jewelers who used to be architects.  If you can do a technical drawing for a bridge, it should be a piece of cake.

 I would love to see other rings will be added in the future to those two rings.  I love Italian older ladies wearing many many rings together.  It's a history of you.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails