Feb 11, 2010

new collection for a new season


When someone asks me "what do you do?" I say "I make jewelry and sell to stores"  "how?" "I have some tradeshows and meet buyers from the world."  

It's that simple.  
Every time I have a new collection, I exhibit at a tradeshow.  
Buyers from retail stores place orders with me, and I send those orders 4-6 weeks after a show.

Now I am in between two shows, and I am going to rearrange some of my jewelry before the next one.  
That means more photo shooting!  
I am working against time now.

When I was in school (FIT), an invited guest speaker who was an owner of a store in NY told us that you needed a story throughout your line.  

I think that was the best advise that I have received, and sometimes it's the hardest thing to do.

Just keep reminding myself enjoy the moment of creation.

P.S.  Can't believe Alexander MaQueen took his own life.  What a sad loss.  
May his soul rest in peace with his mother.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails