Oct 5, 2009

letter in the bottle

Since my sister dropped her purse in the ocean from a big ship on our way back from an island where our grandparents used to live, I have been a bit scared of the sea.

I was about six and I was scared of what I imagined of the sea - it must be so deep and I won't be able to come back to the surface once I jumped from the ship.

I still remember the day, the purse was going down to deep green water. I felt it took so long for the purse to reach splashing waves.

At the same time I was so scared, I was so sorry for my sister who was just looking down the sea and she happened to release her hands from a handle of a Snoopy bag.
However when our other grandmother gave her some money to buy a new bag, I thought it's just unfair.

Anyway, one thing I always wanted to try is to send a message bottle via sea. It's romantic and thrilling that some day someone far away would find it and read the letter.

I may do that for my mother in Japan, though it would be delivered via airmail.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails