May 29, 2012

at metropolitan museum

When I first came to Metropolitan Museum, I think I was twenty.  
It was a college trip from Kyoto.  I looked at apartments in front of the museum and thought that it would be like a dream if I could live in NY in the future.

Back then, I thought all NY apartments are like those classic pre-war style in front of the MET.    Anyway, I came to NY later and started my new life in an old, small, thin wall but pre-war apartment in Queens.

I don't know how many times I came to MET since then.  When I was at the entrance of the museum I again thought of the day I came to MET first time. 

I still feel how lucky I am, to be able to make living in NY and I can get to see the world without leaving NY by visiting this museum.  Don't you think it's just so amazing that we have MET in NY?  How wonderful that is.

I found this guy at African art section.  He looks like one of good fortune gods in Japan.  I named him African good luck boy.  He's nice, he makes me smile every time I open my photo file on my phone. 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails