Jul 4, 2009

vinegar hill

So that Carrie and Shinya took me to Vinegar Hill House.

I have been obsessed with rice vinegar since I was a child by the way. I used to drink a small glass of vinegar as a kid, I hope it didn't do anything bad to my health.

Anyway, just because of the name I was always curious about Vinegar Hill area. I imagined that there was a vinegar factory in this area before, but it turned out that Vinegar Hill was the site of a battle in the Irish rebellion of 1798, and this area was named after it to attract Irish immigrants.

So many people have been writing about this restaurant already everywhere, and I may not need to say anything but it was a really really good restaurant. People working there look happy, and their food makes us happy, too. It's always the greatest thing to see people are proud of what they are doing.

Just thinking of what food I should have next time at this restaurant makes me smile.

Vinegar!!

2 comments:

amuse said...

Vinegar gives you power especially in summer.When you remain some vegetables,you should marinate them with the same amount of vinegar and sugar.

Yayoi Forest said...

Reading your comment made me want to eat sushi now. Sushi rice contains vinegar and sugar, perfect food for summer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails