May 20, 2009

MET





Visited Metropolitan Museum's armor section.
Upper class people's aesthetic sense and entertainment streams should have come mainly from wars at that time. I hate wars, but I am stunned with the beauty of the tools that people used in old times.

I remember the designers from "project runway" visited MET and created their collections in an episode.
People who actually wore those armors would never thought that they would become fashion designers' inspiration in the future.

I found beautiful armor from Germany. All metal parts and leather are painted in black, it's cool and cold. It hides all the emotions of a wearer.

On the other hand, there are cute helmets, rabbit and lion!
I know now that every one of helmets has behind stories (especially Japanese used to have many of unusual ones, I can't stop laughing), it's just so funny that people actually used those to fight on their heads.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails